Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Trauma and Reality

Have you ever had something traumatic happen in your life that you continually try to push away and pretend it didn't happen? Ever since Elmer has been diagnosed with cancer and is now done with radiation I can go for days knowing that it's happened and yet it seems that he's doing well. Then I'm going down the road and that ice cold streak of fear goes through my body again and it's all too real! My wonderful hard working husband who's never known a lazy day in his life and was never too tired to finish a job he had started or a chore that needed to be done now has a list that seems to stretch on and on. When I come upon him and he's just sitting there resting or laying down sleeping its sends fear into my heart. I want him to rest and I tell him not to work so hard but when I see him do it voluntarily it's almost more than I can handle.
When this happens I know that I need to stop and talk to God, give it all to him. It's too heavy for me to carry. He has to do that for me and I know that He wants me to give it to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment