Monday, August 4, 2014

A Day at Home

My verse that I loved today was from Psalm 27:4 The one thing I ask of the Lord- the thing I seek most- is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in his temple. 5 For He will conceal me there when troubles come; He will hide me in his sanctuary.  He will place me out of reach on a high rock.
My song today is: In Your Light by Bethel Live.
I don't get very many days at home but today I actually did. I made the most of it. After my devotions I finished reading a book that I had started. It was pretty good but I didn't necessarily agree with all of it. It was called The Barista by Elijah G Clark
I did some weeding and all of my laundry. I cleaned up the house, drank lots of coffee and just generally had a peaceful day. I listened and danced to some praise music and had fun. While I was working I listened to an audio book by Ted Dekker. It was thought provoking as most of his books are.
We noticed tonight that the days are already getting shorter. It makes me very sad. I love summer and am not ready for fall. I don't like being chilly and after last winter I am rather apprehensive about facing another one! Oh well I should just enjoy the beautiful weather we are having and not worry about something that is not even here!

No comments:

Post a Comment