Sunday, August 3, 2014

Swarm of Swooping Dragonflies

Elmer came in from the outside and told me there was a bunch of dragonflies outside so of course I had to go check. There was probably around 20 dragonflies out there just swooping around in circles, up and down, around and around. I guess they were eating some kind of infects. I stood out there watching them for a long time. As long as I stood still they got closer and closer. I tried my best to take a video but it was impossible and they never kept still enough for me to get a picture. It was a fascinating scene. Later on there was an even bigger swarm on the other side of tbe house and there were birds chasing them.  Do birds eat dragonflys? Hmm, guess I'll have to do some research. Here is a picture I found online
We had a nice Sunday. We didn't go to church as early as usual because the friends we usually have coffee with were not there. It was a great service today. After church we had lunch at Hickory River and then did some shopping before Elmer dropped me off with Emily. We had a shower to go to this afternoon so Elmer took our car and went on home. After I got home we were just lazy:). When I was done watching the dragonflys I started reading this book.
It's a fun relaxing read.







No comments:

Post a Comment