Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Stages of Life

As I write this I find myself frustrated with a loved one who is not acting or reacting as it were to a life situation. In exchange, I am acting badly because at this time this person seems like he/she doesn't think about anybody but themself. in defense of their attitude change is hard and accepting that change can cause frustration, irritation, the why mes and how come I can't have what I want.
It has caused me to stop and take a look at my life. We all go through different stages of life and we all react differently in those stages. The stage of life with babies and toddlers can be just as tiring and frustrating as it is rewarding. Who doesn't love those sweet baby kisses and cute little first words and steps. At the same time which one during that time doesn't long for just a smidge of peace and quiet, a house that stays clean for longer than or even just gets cleaned, and most of all sleep, please, some sleep.
Then there are the years of school age, the frustrations of homework and can I go to their house; everyday! Or perhaps it's nobody likes me and the teachers hate me!
I know that some people wouldn't agree with me but I loved the teen age years. By then you can have long intelligent conversations with your kids and I loved the house full of giggling chatting teenagers!
There are the stages when your parents look to you for guidance instead of the other way around. It is extremely hard to be the parent of your parent. It hurts to see them no longer have confidence in their world. How does that even happen? I know for my mom that a lot of that happened because she can't hardly hear anymore and so feels very left out of everything.
I know that the Bible tells us that there is a time and a season for everything but I know that I sometimes wasn't very gracious about some of those seasons. I ask God's and my family's forgiveness for that and pray that I can receive the ones coming on with graciousness and thankfulness. I pray that I can be more understanding of those around me, whatever stage of life they're in.

No comments:

Post a Comment