Friday, August 8, 2014

Today's Thoughts

Today’s thoughts are just random ones throughout the day because it is so quiet here at work. It has been rainy for two days and I don’t  think anybody is interested in buying outdoor furniture. Here is a picture of some of our product.
My book suggestion for the day is “An Affair With a House” by Bunny Williams. I have enjoyed the restoration photos, antiques, gardening pictures and advice, menus and recipes. It is so beautiful!
I dislike when somebody gives me a fake smile. All teeth and nothing else. If you don’t feel like smiling at me don’t; just be honest but don’t give me fake!
Well, I had a nice surprise! My sister Ferne came by and wanted me to go to the Mexican restaurant with her. I told her that I couldn’t leave but we could get carry out and eat here so that is what we did. It made the time go by a lot quicker.
Well, I left work early so that I could bring Cathy to her radiation treatment. She only has one more left after today. I am so happy for her but I am sure that I can't even imagine how glad she is! sitting here I see people from all walks of life coming through. Men and women, both walk through here and many are smiling even though I'm sure life isn't easy for them at the moment.
Ok even though it was slow at work today I have been pretty busy. My morning started around 6:00 AM. I got some laundry started and started getting ready for work. I had to be in Arthur by 7:30 so Beth cold take me to her friend's house, show me which door to go in and introduce me to her dogs so I can walk them tomorrow. It is usually my granddaughter Shae's job to do it when they are gone but Shae and Annika went with their dad to Iowa to their great grandmother's birthday party. So I managed to get some laundry washed and in the dryer, started the dishwasher and straightened up a bit before I left.
After I got back from taking Cathy to Decatur, I ran over to Mid-State Tank where my husband and I cleaned all the offices, restrooms and break room.While we were there my sister Louise called and wanted to meet us in Sullivan to eat at TNT , a local pizza place. Now I'm finally at home but Elmer went to the neighbors to do their chores for them since they left for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment