Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekend Events

Friday was spent helping my sisters-in-law helping my Mother-in-law clean her new house so that we could move her in Friday evening when the guys came by to help. I was made very aware of  how hard a change like that could be and have been thinking a lot about how important it is to keep out focus on God so that when changes happen we have Godly attitudes. I pray that I will remember that as life goes on. Since there are eleven kids in Elmer's family there were many hands that made the job move quickly, There were a few of the grandchildren there also that were very willing to help. All in all it was a pretty good time.
Saturday evening Elmer and I went to my sister Louise's house along with our Steve and Nancy for Elmer's birthday. After we had eaten dinner we went out on the deck to enjoy the evening. There must have been a lot of mosquitos or other bugs out there because there were about 8 or 10 barn swallows flying up and down and around and around. It seemed to me that God had arranged an air show just for us. It was so cool to see!
Saturday evening Elmer and I were talking about the fact that we had taken a break from the Welcome Center at church while he was taking radiation treatments because we didn't know how his body would react to the treatments. We decided to tell Jacob that we could once again take our turn. When Elmer talked to him Sunday morning there was a need for us right away so it was good that we had made that decision.
This morning something made me aware sometimes we have to obedient to God in one area to get an answer to prayer in another. Am I saying that we have to pay God for answers? No I'm not saying that at all but here is an example to what I mean. I knew that I was supposed to call the hospital business office to straighten up confusion about a bill of Elmer's mom's but I kept putting it off. In the meantime it came to light that I had lost a piece of mail of Emily’s that she hadn’t even seen yet. I was worried because the envelope looked like it contained an invitation and she wouldn’t be able to respond if she didn’t even get to read it. I was so worried about the mail that I actually went outside and went through a gross bag of trash Elmer had set out for the garbage truck. No luck! When I finally responded to my conscience and did something about the bill I discovered Emily’s letter tucked inside the envelope of the bill. Relieved, almost hysterical laughter came from my mouth as I saw it! God and his answers! I love him so!

No comments:

Post a Comment