Thursday, July 31, 2014

Modern Day Sheep

As I passed a field of sheep this morning that was located right beside the owners yard it got me to wondering about the difference between sheep raised in such a tame pasture and the sheep that are raised in a wilder setting where there is the danger of wolves, bears or even mountain lions. Are we as American Christians as spoiled as those sheep in that tame pasture. Do we take our Christianity so for granted that we wouldn't even know how to fight for the right to worship God? Have we become so self-satisfied and lazy in our beliefs that we even consider how blessed we are to be able to for the most part worship as we choose. If we were more like the sheep who have to be ever vigilant for their life would our faith be stronger and sweeter. I don't know if this is true or not but I believe the time is close when we won't take it for granted.
Today was a busy day from the get go. I knew that  I had to get up early to go help my mom so as usual in that case I woke up way early and couldn't go back to sleep. That doesn't give me enough to make it through the day. I went to the Scovill Zoo with my sister Donna and her twins after I was done helping my mom. I definitely used up my energy running after them. I crashed after I got home.
I love summer. There is so much beauty and good food to enjoy. I enjoy a lot of the insects I see too. This is one of them

No comments:

Post a Comment