Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Day With Family

Today I met with Elmer's sisters and sisters-in-law met back at his mom's house and cleaned the big house so the grandson that bought the place could move in on Saturday. Those ladies know how to clean! We cleaned that house from top to bottom. I would challenge anybody to find a speck of dirt anywhere. It was spotless! It is a two story house with a basement and we were done by noon! I know they all do that for each other when they are getting ready to have church in their house. They would probably  have a fit if they ever cleaned my house but that's ok. We are happy in our not so perfect house.
While we were there one of the sisters was telling us how somebody asked her if her and her husband talk together much when they are doing their barn chores in the morning. She said 4:00 AM is too early for a conversation. You just do your chores silently:) That made me think about the conversations Elmer and I have. Since he has been diagnosed with cancer it seems so much more important to share everything. Not that we didn't talk before but anything we do together seems just a little sweeter now. When we first got married I was sure that I loved him more than anybody else could possibly love their husband and I really did love him but it was a childish love. The years together have sweetened and matured our love. Marriage is really worth working for!
It has been unseasonably cool this year but my tomatoes are still ripening slowly. I want to try to make some sundried tomatoes for the first time this year. Hopefully they will turn out ok. I love recipes with them in it. I am also strongly thinking about making my own ketchup. Sounds a little scary but I really think I want to do it. My corn is done for the year  with 45 pints in the freezer. I didn't do any green beans.
It is time to put up the laptop and go to work.

Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment