Thursday, July 24, 2014

Elmer's Birthday

Today was Elmer's birthday and nothing really special happened but nothing makes you appreciate your husband's birthday more than just being happy that you still have him. I haven't written anything in awhile. Since I last wrote Elmer has gone through radiation for thyroid cancer and finished it. It went really well but he did and still does have a sore throat that makes it really hard to enjoy eating. Because of that I didn't protest too much when he said that instead of going out for his birthday he wants to go help his nephew.
I did however take cookies to Mid-State for everybody in honor of him. There are approx. 150 people working there so I started baking cookies on Monday; a huge batch of monster cookies, then on Tuesday I made a double batch of peanut butter cookies, and on Wednesday Annika and Shae came over and I made a double batch of snicker doodles. They were all pretty much inhaled by the end of first break. Then for lunch I took pulled pork and sides from Pauly's - a local eating place that Elmer enjoys.
After I came home from there I took a little break then went out and mowed the yard. For some reason I got to wondering how many miles I put on the lawn mower when I mow so I used map my run and found that I went 4.25 miles and it took me and 1hour and 20 minutes. Just a little trivia:) I do love mowing the yard. Elmer and I have planted so many things in the years that we have lived here. I do love my flowers and I can look at all of them as I mow. I also picked a bunch of tomatoes. So exciting to have fresh tomatoes! I love them! I'm making grilled burgers for dinner for Emily and me. Burgers, fresh tomatoes, and onions, yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment